So, you’ve taken your first reiki class, now what to do with your new found abilities? And when do you start feeling the reiki like your teacher said you would? And what about the next class level?
Expanding your reiki capabilities is no different than any other skill. As Lily Tomlin said when asked “How do you get to Carnegie Hall?” “Practice!”
I heard the best piece of advice yesterday from one of my students. We were talking about learning to use a pendulum and the importance of daily practice. Her suggestion was link it to a habit. It can be anything you do daily from brushing your teeth to washing the dishes to scooping the cat box. Decide you will do a bit of reiki each time you make the bed. Actually, I use the reiki to clear the bed as I make it each morning and the basement as I clean the cat box. Put reiki into the food that you cook. Start small with just one habit, give the reiki each day for two weeks then expand as far as you like.
One of my favorite ways to practice is to pick one thing in my life that I would like to support, or change for the better, and give it reiki for 10 minutes a day. This practice began last year during the Lenten season and completely remade the relationship that received the reiki. What a gift that was.
Like-minded people make doing anything easier. Find a reiki share.
It is one of the few places where you are not the only crazy person in the room. It is an opportunity, with little or no cost, to both give and receive reiki, not just whatever friends and family members you can talk into a session. Each person uses reiki in their own unique way so it is a great way to learn other techniques.
It is one of the few places where you are not the only crazy person in the room. It is an opportunity, with little or no cost, to both give and receive reiki, not just whatever friends and family members you can talk into a session. Each person uses reiki in their own unique way so it is a great way to learn other techniques.
Years ago, I left my Reiki 1 class slightly irritated about the ease and confidence of JoAnn, my teacher. It felt so unapproachable and progress so intangible. Now using reiki is like breathing, an automatic thing that can be done intentionally. Someday I may just practice reiki in Carnegie Hall.

No comments:
Post a Comment