Another interesting thing I learned was that any human interaction fills my social needs. It is great because I can derive great pleasure from just talking to the check out clerk and bagger at the grocery store (you know who you are...). It is not so great because I tend to neglect my family and friends. When I figured this out, I could make a few remedies, be more conscious in my interactions. My calendar is now full of scheduled time with friends and family, because we all know I am the least likely person to pick up the phone just to say hi. Now I need to figure out how to translate this to social media (sorry Facebook friends...)
My Japanese tutoring students have tried for years to explain the word, genki. The English translations range from healthy to energetic to lively. The best description I ever heard was the feeling a dog expresses as he sticks his head out the window with ears streaming back in the wind. May living your values make you very genki.


No comments:
Post a Comment