Pages

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Be Yourself, cont.


                One last thought from the “I sure have not done enough with my life” whine fest.  God keeps sending messages.  Yesterday I went to the library to pick up a book for my son and found that a friend who works there had reserved a book for me, Sister Theresa: the Woman Who Became Saint Theresa of Avila.  He thought I might appreciate it and rightly so. 
                I couldn’t put the book down.  There were so many ways to enjoy it. Most importantly, it slammed the door on my inner complaint department.  At one point in the novel, Saint Teresa is depressed.  She says “… now He seems to have forgotten me.  Don’t you ever feel that way, Angelica?  Like God has abandoned you?”  Her companion answers, “You can’t force God’s hand.  Leave things alone for a little while.  Don’t try to do God’s work for Him, Theresa.  God knows what He’s doing.  Leave things to Him.”   With those lovely thoughts, I leave you with hopes for days of restful, peaceful good work, leaving worry over results in His hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment