Lately I’ve been feeling like Dianna Ross in the song “You Can’t Hurry
Love.”
You just have to wait,
You gotta trust, give it time,
No matter how long it takes;
But how many heartaches must I stand…
So if you replace love in the song with growth (yeah, now it doesn’t have the same meter), I am right there with her, and I think many others are as well. How many times have you heard yourself say, “Why is this happening to me?” or “How many times do I have to clear this same issue?” What about, “I would rather die than go on dealing with this?” You know you are pretty worn out when you get to that one! As we journey through the year, you must remember that things are getting intense here on planet earth. When it comes to energy and the polarity in which we live, the thermostat keeps rising so what are we to do about it? Often we are growing and changing, but we lack the internal measuring stick that makes progress visible.
You gotta trust, give it time,
No matter how long it takes;
But how many heartaches must I stand…
So if you replace love in the song with growth (yeah, now it doesn’t have the same meter), I am right there with her, and I think many others are as well. How many times have you heard yourself say, “Why is this happening to me?” or “How many times do I have to clear this same issue?” What about, “I would rather die than go on dealing with this?” You know you are pretty worn out when you get to that one! As we journey through the year, you must remember that things are getting intense here on planet earth. When it comes to energy and the polarity in which we live, the thermostat keeps rising so what are we to do about it? Often we are growing and changing, but we lack the internal measuring stick that makes progress visible.
When
the kids were little we began making marks on their bedroom wall, a line at
their height with a date beside. It
remains a wonderful reminder of how they grew.
Sometimes there is barely a quarter inch between marks, other times it
is several inches. I need to keep
reminding myself, I am no different.
Sometimes the body is just taking on nourishment to support and other
times we grow so quickly there are growth pains. Both states are perfectly fine.
As I talked about yesterday in “Ask the Right Question,” one of the
issues that I have been working on is serving a larger variety of clients and
accepting money with grace. An
interesting follow up comes from my mom.
She is the most service oriented person that I know. When she retired we all expected her to move
to some Third World country and maybe we would see her once a year. It had always seemed strange that she taught
at one of the wealthiest schools in the city.
When I told her about my big revelation, she said, of course the poorest
of the poor (emotionally and socially) can be among the rich, why do you think
I stayed where I did.
After I
made this realization, several new clients have booked and others who have
small businesses which also try to be affordable have expressed concerns about
the same issue. Seems like it is going
around. Two years from now I will not
remember this growth and again feel like my progress is stalled if I don’t find
ways to note my life. A blog is one way,
but there are many others. My favorite
is a file called “The Way Things Were.” In it I keep the little notes of people who
have asked me to pray for them, the statements I sent reiki to through my reiki
grid, the changes that I asked for through the BioGenesis Amplifier and
Translator. I started keeping this file about four years ago. There are many interesting things in there
and I get a sense of progress by reviewing it periodically. For example, some of the earliest were about
my oldest learning to drive and now he is a better driver than I.
Over
and over I see there really is progress.
This helps me find the place of gratitude to ensure more growth and
change. My desire is for that gratitude
to fill your life. Namaste.
No comments:
Post a Comment