Pages

Thursday, November 21, 2013

What I learned from a dog in a guitar case...

     My next missive from the road came from October's National Geographic. There was a wonderful photographic story to promote animal rescue.  Theron Humphrey rescued a coonhound named Maddie to travel with.  He discovered she had a talent for perching, on practically anything. Here is his website with all of the Maddie photos.
  Of course, I swooned over the pictures of the cute dog doing anything to please her master.  As I looked more I realized that Maddie is the outward representation of what we all do.  We take  what life brings us, conform to the shape of it while doing our best to remain authentic to who we are deep inside.
     I have been child, student, teen, midshipman, naval officer, mother, teacher, quilter, healer and more, all the while remaining Pam.  When I no longer fit and the parts start to spill outside the case, it's time to try a different instrument.  There are so many to try.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment