Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2017

But I want it. Now! Using Reiki towards goals


    It's definitely that time of year. When you see people wearing 2017 glasses, it's resolution time. I've never really gotten the resolution thing. "New Year, New You!" The calendar changed, not me.
      But here I sit in the midst of a big change. Maybe it's finally time.
      But I need new language- not resolutions, but what about ... goals. Enormous, shoot-the-moon goals and smaller more practical ones. The word goals feels right.
      I set long term and short term goals each year, and have learned that I do better with check boxes and small rewards for weekly goal reaching. I like to play. A lot. The check in the box and eventual reward makes eating salad, again, feel like play. One of my friends has her master’s thesis due soon. She’s giving herself a dollar bill for each day she works on her thesis.
      I’m on a medication that makes most people gain weight, she has her master’s thesis. But what if your plans are not so clear?  There are so many ways to determine goals. Are you into relationships? Think about who you relate to in your three spheres- your work, your family, your friends. Are you into the journey? Think about where you are going in 7 realms- spiritual, personal development, relationship, career/business, financial, health, and your free time/ family.
      Every website has a different way of thinking about it. Find the one that works for you and go with it. Have fun, put on some great music, dance in your kitchen, and pick out some goals, those things most important to you. Write down ten, fifty, one hundred- whatever feels right.
     This year I came up with 26 ‘what would you do if you knew you could not fail’ goals. One I actually already achieved, just two weeks in. Next year I need to think bigger. I narrowed down my dream list to three goals, big hard goals that will change my life for the better.
     And here is the key, the secret sauce that makes it all work, only do things that advance your goal. I’m not the best at this. I tend to say yes when people ask me to do something, but I am getting better. If 80% of my free time is now given to reaching my goals, they come so much closer.
    My other key ingredient is daily commitment. Remember how I like check boxes. I made a really bright pink post it note that moves from day to day in my planner. I give 10 minutes of reiki, every day, to my goals. I think of it like brushing my teeth. Want good teeth, brush and floss. Want your goals give them energy. If reiki is not your thing, give the goals 10 minutes of prayer every day. This practice transformed my marriage several years ago. What you look at and think about is where your energy goes.
     It’s time to make 2017 a year we all want to live in. Blessings and best of luck in your journey.




1 comment:

  1. I contact Dr.Agbazara when i had of him and This was even faster than I could dream of. Thank you for taking time to listen to me and answering all my emails Dr.Agbazara. I feel emotional strong again. My confidence is back and I can see my future clearly now. I am forever grateful for your help in re-uniting me with my lover who divorced and left me years ago for another woman. you will see for your self what am saying when you contact this great spell caster called Dr.Agbazara on for any help at: (agbazara@gmail.com) OR call or add on WHATSAPP: +2348104102662 ) and get your problems solved.

    ReplyDelete