Over the years of working with clients and teaching both yoga and reiki, I have dabbled in affirmations and gratitude. For many of my clients and students it feels false. The affirmation "I am a succdessful and confident reiki practitioner" feels like a lie when you really are anything but. Trying to find gratitude when it feels like your world is crumbling apart feels like you are ignoring reality.
Code to Joy: The Four-Step Solution to Unlocking Your Natural State of Happiness
![]() |
| My gratitude journal. I am working my way forward from the back of my regular journal. |
I love the idea of strengthening the "gratitude muscle." When I go to a yoga class, I don't expect to learn a difficult move the first time I try. I go home and practice, forming muscle memory of the correct way to move. Gratitude journaling does the same thing to your brain. Who knew?
As we move ahead into this year of possibilities, why not add this practice into our lives? maybe it is time to discard an old option, something that is not working for you, and devote 3 minutes each day to retraining your brain. At worst, there are 3 minutes every day that you feel great. At best, your whole outlook on life changes for the better. I'll take option two.


No comments:
Post a Comment