| the fungi on the forest floor have a purpose |
On Tuesday, I was at the top of a ladder helping to decorate for our dinner dance. I couldn't figure out how to plug in the lights. This is the time you know it is stupid for me to be on the top of a tall ladder (plug, duh). By Wednesday morning my voice was completely gone (those of you who have met me or taken my classes know what a tragedy for me that is!) For both Wednesday and most of Thursday, I had to cancel almost everything. Again something I hate.
Not a situation for joy, one would think. It is amazing how reducing your life to it's basics can be so pleasurable. I did everything that was in my power to accomplish and it was good enough. Sure the body was not happy, but life in the mind is great!
I was reading recently that the average executive's weekly to do list would take over 350 hours to complete. My to do list was reduced to only the around the house and for the family stuff (don't want to pass this around). All of it is crossed off and it's only 1:40.
The other advantage to reducing the to do list is how much easier it is to eat, sleep and rest so you heal faster. My friends have been sick for weeks. I'm hoping to break the pattern. Anyway, if you feel like you are coming down with something, see if you can make it into the gift that it can be. Blessings, Pam
(...another good thing from being a 5'2' walking, talking column of mucus is how it clears the mind. I had my weekly meeting with a friend today and could not remember the question I had posed in turmoil a few weeks ago. Now, I know this is not one of the recommendations from the Buddha, but going through a box of tissues a day tends to focus one on the present rather than in the past... I feel like a completely new person, fully present, now. Who knew?)
No comments:
Post a Comment