Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

Peace Amidst the Storm

Just a quick observation for a Monday afternoon.   I was sitting with a friend working on her website.  She was reading a long piece  and as she spoke, I noticed over her shoulder a bird bobbing in my pine tree, right outside the window.  It has been very windy, so the branch was moving several feet up and down (and all around).  When I put myself in her place, all I could think was how queasy I'd be in her shoes.  I'd be clinging on for dear life with my wings flapping wildly to keep my balance.  Yet here is this house finch, a tiny little bird who did not move a muscle.  She just sat calmly in the tree.  She moved so little, she hard to see. (The picture at left is actually of a cardinal that I took a month ago, the tree was moving too much to take a good picture.  I had lots of blurs to choose from).
      This tiny bird was so at home in her surroundings.  The tree was going crazy in the wind, but there he calmly sat, way out on the limb, just riding the pitches and heaving.  All I could think was, when you are doing something that is in your nature, there is no hardship, tasks come along easily.  In reiki, we call it surrendering to the flow of energy.  In yoga, we soften the skin while the muscles are performing difficult tasks.
    I am always so grateful to have reminders about just going with where life takes me, rather than trying to control the uncontrollable.  When the tossing gets too much, it is time to fly to safer ground for a while.   After a brief rest, send me more, I love a challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment