Pages

Saturday, March 2, 2013

The Gift of Healing

      So, you attended your first reiki class.  You've pestered friends and relatives to let you practice on them (or not).  But after you've exhausted them, what is a new practitioner to do?  Or, maybe you've had reiki for years, but haven't been able to establish a personal or professional practice.  I think the best thing you can do is search out a reiki share and if you can't find one start your own. (Drive through my neighborhood on the final Sunday and you'll see this sign.  Come right in!)
       If you decide to form a new share, just start it. You'll never have it all figured out at the beginning.  The first reiki share, I was almost afraid people would show up because I had no idea what it was doing.  In some ways it reminded me of the first yoga class I ever taught.  I looked out into the sea of faces and thought, why is this group of adults doing what I say?
       A few guidelines to get you started:

this is the set up for the water
  • Pick a place and time- It is easiest to start out in your home, but many libraries have rooms that can be reserved for free as long as you don't charge anything for the reiki share.
  • Get the word out- use your professional or group facebook page (here's mine), your website (look at upcoming events and the calendar), email, and even about.com.
  • Be the timekeeper- Be flexible, but someone here has to be in charge.  We all like this stuff so much, it can become all talk and no healing.
  • Act like a hostess- This healing stuff is thirsty work.  Begin with water.  I prepare it using the Biogenesis Wings and the Hanna Kroger Soma Board, BioEnergy Disc and Water Revitalizer. I also use this as an opportunity to get out all of my teas and the lovely milk glass serving pieces inherited from my mother-in-law.  My son sets up a beautiful tea service, changing and rearranging the setup each month.  It is a lovely gift he gives us all.
  • Most Important!- Make your guests welcome, make sure you clear the house.  You have invited people to share their healing journey, which can be a bit uncomfortable.  I begin my preparations by cleaning, not so much for the look (though it is a great side benefit) but more to set the energy of the house.  I use this time to clear the energy in each room, dusting and sweeping away any negativity.  I pray into each room, remembering to fill the room with welcome and acceptance.  What greater gift can you give?
       This is part of our reiki share last Sunday.  The picture makes me happy just looking at it.  The share is a good beginning, but one of the things my students keep telling me is that they want to practice in a professional setting before working with a client.  So this month I'm trying something completely new.
         Peaceful Spirit is hosting an Evening of Energy Healing at Bolero's Dance Studio on March 16th.  The day begins with a Reiki I class.  Then all practitioners are invited in to practice in a more professional setting.  We are inviting in the general public for reiki sessions at a great discount.  There will be vendors with health and wellness products.  I'm so excited to find the solution to all of those requests.  If you are in the area, please stop by.  If you are reading this from afar, please send prayers and reiki for the success of our new gathering.

No comments:

Post a Comment