Pages

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Make Your Heart Sing

    In this season of change, I have come to several conclusions. Unfortunately for my blog, I could not put them into words.  Well fortunately for me, the Dalai Lama took care of one.  I've been reaching for a way to explain discernment among opportunities.  So much 'save the world' work is wonderful, but is it always the best use of your time?
     As a veteran 'I'm going to save everyone' person,  I knew that was not true.  My mentor always says 'go for the low hanging fruit,' which sounds great, but figuring out which fruit that is can be problematic.
     Today I was watching a documentary "I am," on Netflix (more about this wonderful movie tomorrow).  One of the people interviewed was Elisabet Sahtouris, who had spent some time on tour with the Dalai Lama.  Here is her paraphrase of him when asked "What is the best thing we can do?"
"Critical thinking followed by action."  Discern the what your world is.  Notice the plot, the scenario of this human drama and then figure out where your talents might fit in to make a better world.  And each of us must do something that makes our hearts sing, because nobody will want to do it with us if we are not passionate and inspired.
     My ikigai is to make each meeting matter, no matter what I am teaching or doing.  What is yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment