| African dentistry |
I actually wasn't even aware of why I felt down until I looked at my list of thoughts for this post, all of them were about one or two people living their lives for an obscure cause or group of people, all in Africa. I've been absolutely riveted to the series the Long Way Down, where Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman travel by motorcycle from Scotland to Cape Town. It wasn't about the bikes for sure, I've seen way too many horrific accidents among my friends. It is all about the small stories of the people they met.
years. To raise one adult black rhino. One. How do you measure the worth of your days?
| waiting line for the dentist |
Later there was the story of the two HIV positive parents who followed the protocol and gave birth to an HIV negative child. Do you mourn for the dead who only go to the witch doctor or rejoice for the living child?
Then the well spoken woman who took care of HIV orphans, teaching the origin of the disease and how to avoid it. She looked very satisfied with her life and sure it was a good thing to do.
All of these things are important and valuable and remind us that beauty and grace are in all of the small moments in life, not in the Nobel Peace Prize or being awarded a TED talk. Are they worth the danger? If it's my life, I always say sure. When it is my friend's life that I have no control over, well, that's a much harder proposition. Good thing they make their own decisions. God Bless to all
No comments:
Post a Comment