Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Careful What You Ask For


For years I have been praying for, working towards and sending reiki energy to many goals- flourishing business, having good friends, helping my son with the Forensics team- all with only moderate success.  I wasn’t really floundering, but it seemed all of the energy was not hitting the target.  I began to feel like the plate spinner in the circus.  I’d get one aspect of my life really moving, like the plate balanced on the end of a stick, held up only as long as it keeps moving.  It seemed I could only do one plate at a time.

                Starting about two weeks ago, more plates began to spin at once.  The products I believe in began to sell.  I was invited to give a presentation.  I started receiving more emails.  Part of the Forensics team began to practice at my house.  My son wrote a good speech about something he really cares about.  Yeah! Aack!  I was overwhelmed!
                All of the details that come with success, better accounting, returning emails promptly, crafting talks targeted to your audience, and helping with speech revisions began dancing in my dreams.  I kept trying to keep all of the plates spinning at once.


Last Sunday morning, the day after my talk, I woke up in a sorry state, feeling just miserable.  I pulled off my Pendant of Eternal Light necklace and it looked like I felt.  The pendant is a coiled piece of metal with 3 crystal balls and a piece of lodestone inside.  If you are not careful, the chain gets caught up in the coil and it ties itself up in knots.  It had never gotten this bad before, maybe I should just cut it free.  That felt a little extreme so I went downstairs, made a cup of coffee, blessed it and began to unravel my pendant.  First pulling on one piece of chain, then on another.
 As I worked and massaged it back to freedom, I began to see the parallels with my life.  Each knot needed to be addressed as an individual, without worrying about all of the others.  Each bit unwound made me feel more hopeful.  Being present, in the present moment, with the present task made all of the difference.  Now I just need to remember it and enjoy the plates as I keep them spinning.

No comments:

Post a Comment