I love it when Sianna Sherman comes
to town. She is my favorite travelling
yoga teacher. I save up to take her
classes and rearrange anything short of a wedding or a funeral to make sure I
can attend. You would think that the
mental preparation would be as important as the physical, but somehow I was mentally
unprepared for the classes I took during her February visit to Shine Yoga
Studio in Hyde Park.
I show up to class, new mat in
hand, ready to learn everything that she could teach so I could pass it on to
my students. The classes were so full
there was only a few inches of floor between each mat in every direction. There were two dedicated teachers just to
help adjust the numerous students. The
first afternoon was devoted to therapeutics. We worked with partners, each giving and
receiving guidance and therapy. I
enjoyed working with my new friend, learning all kinds of different ways to
help my students and clients release the tensions within the body. Our teacher called it clearing, just like we
talk about clearing blocks in Reiki.
On the
way home, I realized something embarrassing.
One of the teachers who was adjusting posture really got on my
nerves. I actually told her “I can’t”
twice and I didn’t even realize it.
There is no “I can’t” in my vocabulary! Or maybe there is, but it’s not
something I want in there. I didn’t want
to miss the next class, but the teacher would be there so I needed to figure
something out to fix my issue.
In any
relationship there are two or more people.
Unfortunately the only one I can fix is me. Wouldn’t it be great if everyone else would
just accommodate me? Not gonna
happen. As I started to ruminate on the
problem, I just couldn’t get a handle on what was going on. In a blinding flash of the obvious, I realized
that I didn’t have to.
This is one of the true gifts of
reiki. There is no need to figure things
out. Just send reiki to “whatever is the
cause of the behavior I don’t like (insert the name here).” I spent some time Friday night, then Saturday
on the ride back to the studio just sending reiki to whatever was blocking my
reception of her gift of teaching.
The transformation was nothing
short of miraculous. What a great class,
only due to the gift of reiki. My body
has had many falls and minor car accidents. This makes it hard to find the yoga
motions within my own body, though I can see and find them in others as I
teach. Now I have a template within my
body for the actions I create in others.
There was so much energy moving in my body, I’ve had a hard time
speaking for several days after class.
My thanks to my guides and all the experiences that brought me here.
No comments:
Post a Comment