Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Put The Oxygen Mask on Yourself First


One of my favorite television shows for years was What Not To Wear.  Each week, Stacey and Clinton would take a woman who had forgotten how to take care of herself and remind her (through a shopping spree, hair cut and new makeup) how beautiful she truly is.  In my practice I use reiki, BioGenesis tools and Hanna Kroeger techniques to help people deal with all types of things that get in the way of them being the most beautiful expression of themselves.  Somehow I forgot to help myself.
                We see it all the time in people in the caring professions; nurses, teachers, mothers and others.  So much energy is externally focused that they forget to take care of themselves.  Thirteen years ago both of my children spent time in the hospital, so I lived there as well.  What struck me was how unhealthy all of the staff was.  No one was on the stairs but me.  They worked such long hours and ate such poor food.  The good news is that has changed a lot.  This year a family member had a horrific car wreck so I spent a lot of time in the hospital again.  The stairs were downright crowded (at times I longed for the “good old days”).
                Two days ago, in a blinding flash of the obvious, I realized that I had to put the oxygen mask on myself before I could be of use to others.  As I alluded to in a previous post, I have put on a few pounds recently.  None of my dress clothes fit. Ick.  All this while eating my fruits and vegetables and healthy lean proteins.  How annoying.  Something had to change, but it couldn’t be my diet because that hadn’t changed from 8 pounds ago.
                What had changed was my business.  All of the sudden opportunities I have been working towards for years are presenting themselves.  I felt like I was rushing all of the time to catch up to my present rather than surfing the wave of life.  So I sat down with my BioGenesis Manual, first flipping through with irritation then settling down to business.  Using my pendulum I went through the wheels and other tools.  The interesting thing was that what came up over and over was the same wheel.  The Clear Regeneration Wheel for greater physical energy, digestion, and weight (when one eats too much because his/her body needs the energy).

                The result, in the last three days I have lost 2 pounds without changing anything.   I am also more attentive to my mood.  When I feel stressed and overwhelmed, I slow down, take a few long exhales and grab the BioGenesis wand to calm stress and anxiety.  It feels so good to surf the wave .

No comments:

Post a Comment