![]() |
| From
http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2012/04/k2/brown-text |
Right now I am in a time of taking care of others. The day has loads of phone calls and errands that were not here two weeks ago and (hopefully) will be gone soon, but in the mean time, I need to pack the gear to take care of myself. To figure this out, I need to look at my history.
In times like this, the first thing I do is stop taking remedies. Since I have lived for 45 years among the chemicals and stresses of modern life, I am usually taking an herbal or vibropathic supplement for some condition (right now, it is 3 vibropathics). Also, I check for best practices, some habits that will benefit my life for this season (like taking an epsom salt bath each night or using the Hanna Kroeger laser light on thyroid and thymus, check and check). Once I leave these behind, the next thing I do is start to eat junk food (and by junk food I don't mean chips and beer, just food that is not good for me). If I can keep to the remedies and good practices, then I am home free. To reference the picture above, I have brought my sleeping pad and ice pick instead of doritos and flip flops.
How to break this pattern of decay? I recommend a chart. I have never outgrown a progress chart, though I can't find the great gold star stickers that my teachers used to put on their charts.
Here is mine for this week (I took the picture on my new table for my meditation corner. I love the vibrant cloth cover and the ability to put the stones I want near at hand). A few things to notice, it is important to be honest with yourself, rather than put an x in the box for something half done. I figure 80%-90% compliance is just fine in stressful times. Before I took to making charts, I was 0% compliant. Also, something cool, in my last post I mentioned taking your temperature and drinking lemon water to alkalize the body. Since I began two and a half weeks ago, my morning temperature has raised about a degree and a half. It is not normal yet, but what a difference. The funny thing is I thought I felt great before I began, now I'm learning great can get better. It's like when the doctor asks you about pain levels. You may think you are at a pain level of 10. Break a bone. that feeling of bone grating on bone is a whole new experience.
The difference between one good feeling and another is really summed up by this picture. Here we are, out on a balcony on an Alaskan cruise, looking at the glaciers. Both of us are engaged and interested, having a good time. To quote my feeling above, "feeling great." My son is in a t-shirt and jeans. I have on his jacket, my jacket, gloves, a fleece, and a long sleeved t-shirt. There is feeling great, and feeling great with lots of health.
Keeping with my check list is the first step into my feeling great days.
Here is mine for this week (I took the picture on my new table for my meditation corner. I love the vibrant cloth cover and the ability to put the stones I want near at hand). A few things to notice, it is important to be honest with yourself, rather than put an x in the box for something half done. I figure 80%-90% compliance is just fine in stressful times. Before I took to making charts, I was 0% compliant. Also, something cool, in my last post I mentioned taking your temperature and drinking lemon water to alkalize the body. Since I began two and a half weeks ago, my morning temperature has raised about a degree and a half. It is not normal yet, but what a difference. The funny thing is I thought I felt great before I began, now I'm learning great can get better. It's like when the doctor asks you about pain levels. You may think you are at a pain level of 10. Break a bone. that feeling of bone grating on bone is a whole new experience.
The difference between one good feeling and another is really summed up by this picture. Here we are, out on a balcony on an Alaskan cruise, looking at the glaciers. Both of us are engaged and interested, having a good time. To quote my feeling above, "feeling great." My son is in a t-shirt and jeans. I have on his jacket, my jacket, gloves, a fleece, and a long sleeved t-shirt. There is feeling great, and feeling great with lots of health.
Keeping with my check list is the first step into my feeling great days.


No comments:
Post a Comment