Pages

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Who Am I Now?

    So often we look at a challenge and say, "I can't (or won't) do that!"  Insert whatever you would like for "that."   Unfortunately I say this all the time in the back of my head.  The front, active part of my mind embraces challenges, signs up for new classes, tries the new things.  The back of my mind digs its heels in.  I found the perfect image on Flickr from Velo abzug.
   This little guy's face describes how I feel sometimes.  I want to hike instead of run.  I want to let go of my childhood books.  I want to learn how to really use my voice.  The list is endless, but interesting.  What I love about energy healing is that I learn to use different techniques to overcome my inner square wheel.
     Recently (okay, yesterday), I went through most of the books in our house to find a large group to get rid of.  The recent influx of furniture has moved a large bookshelf into my son's room and made a need in the basement to store some family heirlooms.  The books had to go.  In my searches, I found one of my favorite  childhood books. Crispan Magicker by Mark M Lowenthal, published in 1979.

    Of course, I reread the book and looked the author up on Wikipedia.  This was the author's only fantasy novel.  His other works were about U.S. Intelligence and, of all things, the t.v. show Jeopardy.   Talk about change and finding a new path.  What if our reluctance to find a new path leaves us stuck in fantasy land?
   Today's yoga class was challenging.  I asked students to look at the world in a new way.  We did a variety of twists and hip openers that were not easy.  I hate to admit the number of times where I said "Do this, I'll watch."  Let's just say that I love to keep all my problems in my hips and I love to have students who can do the things I describe!  In my home practice (and in my home life), I use techniques like relaxation and Jin Shin Jyutsu to help me change.  Here's a link to the two techniques.  Nothing is complete alone, we all need help.  Let me know if these work for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment