Pages

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Ask and You Shall Receive

    Often we wonder if anything we are doing is any use.  All this reiki, all these herbs and other remedies, exercise, prayer, meditation and I keep getting older and stiffer (or whatever lament runs through your mind).  I had an experience recently that lays all of those thoughts to rest.
    My client arrived, and as usual, we talked for a while, defining where she was and what she would like to get out of the session.  One of the things we talked about was her worries that anything she was doing was any good.  (If this sounds familiar, read on...)  It is a common frustration, see my post last Wednesday.  So I added a little twist to my ending prayer of the session, this time I asked for a visible sign, so that she could see progress.
     In my mind I was thinking, maybe someone will be nice in an unexpected way or some such thing.  What I got was a sign for the two of us.  When we were talking in the beginning of the session, I noticed one eye was drooping.  There are lots of causes, ranging from neurological disorders to medical issues to aging.  If you start looking at the actors on television (and with the size of our t.v.s today it is getting easier), you'll notice that it is quite common.
     The amazing thing was, when she got off my table, her eyes were perfectly symetrical.  Both wide open and clear.  It was remarkable.  She also looked 10 years younger.
     To be honest, I don't really think about prayers being answered very often.  I have a very good life, but am also used to disappointment.  It has never stopped me from praying.  Communing with God is one of the greatest pleasures in life.  Getting an answer like this puts a day as one for the record books.  My prayer for you is that you have the opportunity to see how your efforts affect your life as well.  Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment