I played around with the song. First just learning the tune, then practicing different aspects. But, I didn't really think about it much. So, God ups the ante....
Two weeks later I took a great weekend of yoga from Sianna Sherman (posts about her video and some of the lessons learned). One of the things she mentioned several times is that with each inhale the body is healing (in reiki we would say 'releasing blocks'). It stuck in my mind. I just could not make sense of it. If I get better with each inhale (and I have quite a few inhales under my belt), why am I ageing? It feels more like I am creating blocks rather than releasing most of the time.
| Window at Peaceful Meadow Retreat. |
![]() |
| source |
I spent an hour on Saturday going through my computer, trying to find a picture of someone with an open heart. I couldn't find a single one. We all see the camera and shy away. People cross arms in front of their bellies or round their shoulders to hide. When I mentioned this at the Reiki Share on Sunday, Lorna Barrett, a fellow yoga teacher told me how she teaches this to her students. In your mind imagine that you are a gymnast who has just completed a major routine. Spread the fingers and toes and open your heart up to the grace all around you. Stand tall and Ta-Da! in tadasana.
P.S. If you want to experience this great teaching style first hand, Lorna's classes are at the R.C. Durr YMCA in Burlington, KY Monday and Wednesday at 11.

No comments:
Post a Comment