This morning I was at the vet with my cat, Joy. Let's just say she was less than thrilled. She was in for a recheck of dermatitis on her chin. A few weeks ago she had scratched her chin hard enough to draw blood. What we had not really noticed was how she slowed down, stopped playing. I marked it down to age.
Ten days and a few antibiotics later, Joy is running around like a mad woman. With all this joy also has come two vet visits, 4 shots, oral and topical medicine twice a day. It is such a strong parallel to my feelings about 2012. There has been progress, I am feeling better, but there has been unpleasantness along the way. The cage I have felt was for my own good, but seriously, ick!
This was the year I tried to do all the business stuff by the books. I bought a professional website, started a blog, made a professional Facebook page (or two), bought the computer software... (I could go on, but you get the picture.) The business had always done well enough, but never well. I was going to make it shine (and hopefully pay for college...). It was kind of like this puzzle. All of the pieces are bright and shiny, but they are in a remarkable jumble.
The good news is that persistence pays off. The pieces are beginning to fit and form something. It will be interesting to see what it is. All of the computer work has turned into creating a blog for my friend. Today's post about the Mayan calendar is great. For me the Great Transformation that everyone is talking about this year, has been in how I look at things. I've learned how to relax and be at peace in a lot of situations that I really wish I wasn't in. It has been on the job training of the worst sort, but now, I'm getting pretty good at it. I also have a lot of tools to give to my clients and students.
Can't wait until 2013 to see what the puzzle looks like!



No comments:
Post a Comment