Pages

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Peace On Earth (or at least in your heart)

click on the picture to contact me for free reiki
    For so many of us, peace is the last thing we associate with the holiday season.  It can be so frantic and unhappy, even as we do so many things to make others happy.  I have discovered a very interesting solution.
     When I first learned reiki, I was told that as I gave reiki, I would also receive a treatment as the energy flowed through me.  Two for the price of one- bonus!  As I have worked in the energy healing field,  I have observed this to be true, both for myself and even my least experienced students.  During the holidays, however, sometimes this knowledge is just not enough.  I need something that helps me now.
       Here is where life gets really cool.  I have been part of the beta testing for the Basis band (the review is in the works).  It looks just like a watch, but does so much more.  One of the things this device does is constantly capture your heart rate, so you can measure fitness and how hard you are working out.  What I never imagined was what I learned about reiki and it's affect on the body.
        Each Monday at 10 am, I give an hour of free distance reiki to anyone who asks (click on the cats above to request free reiki).  The basis band says that when I give reiki, my heart rate goes down, usually to 54 beats a minute, just like when I meditate.  This is even lower than when I sleep.  Turns out reiki is more relaxing than a nap.
        I really can use a little more of that in my life because I am a people pleaser and few people can be pleased around the holidays.  Performing reiki has such a strong focus, it is usually easier to find than meditation when you get caught up in life's craziness.
World Peace Grid at North Pole
        If you don't have any friends or family who will accept long distance reiki, I have a great solution.  The next World Peace Meditation is on Wednesday, December 17, 2012 at 7:30.  Here is the information from the International Center for Reiki Training and here is the card to use.    It can be a very powerful and very peaceful experience.  One of the lines on the card is "May the followers of all religions and spiritual paths work together to create peace among all people on Earth."  Now that's a Christmas gift worth giving.  Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment