Now, I'm not sure where I learned this so I can't call it an acupressure point, but I do know that today's students experienced more freedom of motion after pressing it.Start on your weaker side. To find the correct place, lift your arm to over 90 degrees with your elbow bent. Pressing around in the back curve of your armpit, you'll notice a big plate of muscle on the back wall of the armpit. The point that you are looking for is just in the front of the muscle. Dig in gently and (for most of us) the body gives a pretty strong pain reaction.
After you have found the point, let your arm relax down by your side. Hold the point until your pain diminishes (or your arm gets tired). Move to your stronger side (for most of us, this is the dominant hand). Find the point, relax your arm by your side, and hold the point.
Usually the act of using the weaker arm will aggravate the shoulder again, so go back to the first side and do the hold again.
Finish with a bit of deep breathing and go back to enjoying your day, this time with a bit more freedom of motion.

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete