2012. A time of great change. Everyone agrees. It doesn’t seem to matter if you are trying
to fix the Euro or following the Mayan calendar. This is the year to take us all by storm.
This morning I heard a wonderful piece
on Nora Ephron, an American
filmmaker and author who died today. I
don’t have the exact quote but she was talking about how aging is one of those
things that you think happens only to other people. What a surprise when that is not true. I feel the same way about 2012 and the Great
Transformation. Wasn’t I just going to
observe it? Turns out, it has been more
like standing in a tunnel with an oncoming train.
With each challenge, opportunity
also enters. This year of great
challenge has lead to experimenting with reiki and energy work like never
before. Some of my old tricks are not
enough to keep up with where I am going, so I have been trying new things like
using reiki to empower affirmations. In
the past I have used affirmations from Louise Hay’s book
You Can Heal Your Life (Gift Edition)
and in giving attunements, but I have never used
the same one for more than a few days.
This year I have given my affirmations quite a workout.
Change has always been difficult
for me. I’m the one searching out the
new thing, trying the next step, but there is a well of reserve within me. Have you ever gone to preschool and watched a
child pulled away from the parent, apparently inconsolable? If you watch them for a few minutes, soon the
tears dry and the child engages in the classroom. When it comes to change, I am both the child
and the teacher trying to pull the child away.
Let’s just say it’s hard to play both sides at the same time.
Over the years I have sent loads of
reiki, taken remedies and meditated, trying a variety of solutions. Each of these has only been marginally
effective. When I tried Access Hanna Express, I was given
the affirmation “I am willing to change.”
When I read it, I had the same feeling as putting on a great pair of
jeans or my most comfortable shoes. It
fit perfectly.
I began work with it about a week
ago. I could feel the energy shifting as
I said it aloud and gave it energy. The
first thing I noticed is that it would resolve minor physical complaints, like
a stomach ache I didn’t know that I had until it went away. The little things that the body does to tell
us we are going astray. The big
confirmation came yesterday. Tuesday is
yoga day for the blog, so I teach a class in the morning, then tape and post a
YouTube video of some aspect of that class in the afternoon and evening. As I was watching one of the takes for the video,
my first thought was how good I look. Now, just between you and I, my flaws are
many and varied, but they were not my first impression. Rather than finding faults, I saw strengths.
That little affirmation, 5 short
words, changed a major bias. Our society
is obsessed with perfection; the perfect face, the perfect voice, the perfect
demonstration. After years of standing in the mirror saying “I
love you” to myself, it turns out, I do.
What a great place to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment