Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

Beat the Heat

           Here in Kentucky it is so hot our fillings are melting, and that's with A/C.  The NOAA's National Climactic Data Center over 4,000 daily heat records have been broken in the last 30 days.   My first duty station in the Navy was the Philippines, where we would put on long sleeved shirts if the temperature dropped into the 80's.  How to find that place again?
            This morning I took a challenging yoga class, had lunch with my mom, did a little yard work and saw clients in the afternoon.  A really fulfilling day on the surface., but by 5:15 I was strung out, tired and almost weepy.  When I dowsed for the problem, what came up was these feelings were from the heat.  I started right where I always do, finding a few things to be grateful for.  When I had exhausted the list of the people I saw today and their gifts to me, it still felt a bit incomplete.  Then I remembered, on the way into Shine, the Hyde Park yoga studio where I have studied for the last seven or eight years, I found a copy of the most recent issue of Whole Living Journal.
              On the cover, there it was, "Are you a perfectionist? sometimes "good enough" is enough," the lead in to my first ever article! Not am I only grateful for the lessons the world's ugliest quilt taught me, but now I am grateful because it got me published!  Maybe this heat is not so bad...
               I moved on to a bit of energy work.  I really love using reiki for fatigue, just place your hands on your legs and send the power symbol.  After a few minutes, getting up and walking around the room doesn't seem so impossible.  It was time to move up to distance healing.
               When I first learned distance healing in Reiki level II, I used a teddy bear.  The stones and other tools kept sliding off, so I moved onto a pillow.  That still was not great, so I decided to make something beautiful that I would enjoy looking at and using.
          I used the red through purple to symbolize the chakras, making it easier to imagine the person I was working on laying there in front of me.  On it you see several BioGenesis tools and a card to symbolize the Holy Spirit.  This is the layout that I used today to restore freshness to my body and spirit.  It is such a help to be able to "set and forget."  These tools keep working as I make dinner and write up a blog post.
         There are so many tools in the energetic toolbox, we just need to remember them in the heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment