When I thought about the Fourth of July, the word that comes to mind is celebration. But how to find celebration in yoga? Rather than a vigorous, crazy practice, I decided to focus on the feeling that arises after the pose. After this forward bend, the energy rises through the body, leaving a feeling of effervescence, sometimes even fireworks. Enjoy. (By the way, Joy the cat joined in again...)
Tuesday, July 3, 2012
Celebrate in Parivrtta Janu Sirsasana
Celebration is not what one normally associates with sitting forward bends. They are more in line with procrastination and outright avoidance. I have been part of this movement (or lack of movement) for many years. However, things are beginning to change.
When I thought about the Fourth of July, the word that comes to mind is celebration. But how to find celebration in yoga? Rather than a vigorous, crazy practice, I decided to focus on the feeling that arises after the pose. After this forward bend, the energy rises through the body, leaving a feeling of effervescence, sometimes even fireworks. Enjoy. (By the way, Joy the cat joined in again...)
When I thought about the Fourth of July, the word that comes to mind is celebration. But how to find celebration in yoga? Rather than a vigorous, crazy practice, I decided to focus on the feeling that arises after the pose. After this forward bend, the energy rises through the body, leaving a feeling of effervescence, sometimes even fireworks. Enjoy. (By the way, Joy the cat joined in again...)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment