Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Reiki: From Dull to Dazzling

       You know how there are days you spend waiting?  Sometimes it is for the repairman, the call from the doctor or news about a new job.  Today was one of those days, and unfortunately I'm still waiting.  In this waiting I was given a great opportunity.
      The day felt just like this picture we took on a lovely winters drive to regionals.
It was a grey winter's day, over cast, and a bit snowy.  The road stretches out in front of me, but I can't see the end, though I can see the other drivers trusting the road to still be there.  I felt a little lost, lonely and unsure, but friends came to the rescue.
      I received several emails  from friends asking for reiki. It couldn't have come at a better time.  If someone were to ask me for a one word translation for reiki, for me, it is joy.  Joy feels good. it radiates in spirals and in spikes.  It expands in balloons.  If the above picture is my mind on waiting, this is my mind on reiki.
       This picture was taken at a Chilhuly exhibit in Columbus, Ohio in 2010.   So much of his work is expansive (or explosive).  This is the feeling that reiki gives.  Yesterday I found a website called Vibrant Reiki.  The name of the company, the pictures on the website, all capture the feeling of reiki.  Who couldn't use a bit more of that in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment