Taking some ideas from the cards and others from experience, I wrote up a one page team building blueprint. Somewhere in the back of my mind I was both happy and sad that I wouldn't be the one doing these things. When I returned from dropping him off at camp and began to clean up, this is what I found on the bottom of one of the yoga cards.
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."- Joseph Campbell
I can't imagine a better way to organize my week. Concentrate a bit more on being and a bit less on doing.
A little addendum.... I wrote this post just before my run, but waited to publish so that I could review it. While I was running (or to an outside observer, staggering), I had an experience that I have not had since leaving Italy in 1996.
One thing I loved about living in Europe is that European men have a way of letting you know that you are appreciated as a woman without being threatening or suggestive. It was a nice feeling. There was this one Greek waiter in Pippo Pappo's restaurant in Aci Trezza, Sicily who flirted outrageously with me the entire time I was pregnant with my first son.
Back to today, I ran by some men who were fixing the sidewalk. One of them, without ever taking his eyes off my face, let me know that I was a beautiful woman. For a short, rounded, 45 year old woman, it was unexpected and oh-so-nice. It takes so little to make someone's day, I hope to pass the gift on to everyone I meet (the feeling, not the noticing them as a woman, I'll leave that one to the guys...).
No comments:
Post a Comment